2. The Rules Nov 18, 2009 23:09:22 GMT -8
Post by Starfleet Command on Nov 18, 2009 23:09:22 GMT -8
Rules for USS Nike
- Avatars should be no wider than 150 pixels.
- Signatures should be no wider than 500 pixels and the height should be no more than 200 pixels.
- Signatures and Avatars should have something to do with your character or the RP.
- Advertising in your signatures is not allowed.
- All threads will be considered open to all unless you specify another character in the title of the thread. Example: "Pumping Iron (Nick)".
- Each post should end with a bolded tag as to whom you would expect to reply. Example: Tag Nick or Tag Any.
- Your character follows its own timeline and may not be in two places at once.
- All characters travel through time together.
- When your character leaves a thread, you need to place an end tag at the bottom. Example: End Nick
- All text shall be at normal font. No size 1 font, no alternative colors, no strange fonts, no bolding, no blockquote.
- All posts shall be written as you would read text in a novel. Quotes are used when characters are talking. **Double asterisks when they're thinking**
- PG-13. Mind your language and content for graphic violence or intimacy. This is a Proboards rule and it will be enforced here. Violations will result in a 25% warning. Once you have reached 100%, your character will be removed from the RP.
FREQUENCY OF POSTING:
- By signing up to play in this RP, you agree to be a quality contributor. This means that you will not hold up the RP by frequent absences or long delays between posts.
- If you will be away, you are required to write your character out of any scene they are in currently, and post an absence notice.
- Holding up the RP for more than 7 days will result in a 25% warning to your account. This warning is non-removable and is seen only by the admin team. An additional 25% will be added for each week thereafter. Once you have reached 100%, your character will be removed from the RP.
- No character will be allowed with the following: Q powers, the ability to read minds, secret societies, spies without prior admin approval.
- All characters should be of good quality, but should have some flaws. No one is perfect. Flaws should be small, however, and not interfere with the character's performance as an officer.
- All characters should be original. No stealing bios from games.
- No character should be a relative of a canon character. No Gary Kirks, for instance.
- Additional Characters may be created when you have posted at least 25 posts on your prior character(s) or maintain an average post per day greater than 1 with good quality (to be determined by the admins)
STAR TREK UNIVERSE:
- This RP takes place in the Star Trek universe. The primary source for information is Memory Alpha. None of us are perfect when it comes to remembering every detail of this universe, but a basic knowledge of the shows/movies is helpful.
- Memory Beta can also be used but only where it does not conflict with Memory Alpha or when Memory Alpha is silent on the matter. When in doubt, contact the admin.
- If you have a problem with someone on the board, do not try to hash it out publicly. Take it to PMs. If you still cannot work it out, notify an admin.
- Remember, what happens in the RP is not a reflection toward you. A character may be nasty to your character, but that does not mean they are being nasty to you. This is fiction.
- Read The Guide to Role Playing for more tips on how to make this a better RP for all.
- Godmodding is not allowed. This is defined as putting an action to someone else's character. Example: "Brice hit Lara with his fist. Lara blocked the punch." By saying Lara blocked the punch, you are putting an action onto another character.
- Meta-gaming is also not allowed. You may know something about another character because you read their post but your character should only know what they have experienced first-hand in the RP. (No fair reading minds, if they only thought it and didn't say it, you can't know it.)
** Rule Changes or additions will be hilighted in Yellow for a time.
Getting Started | Crew Manifest | Application